Where’s the Beef? One Vet’s Take On Meat By-Products in Pet Foods Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Where’s the Beef? One Vet’s Take On Meat By-Products in Pet Foods

This is another of those articles that appear in my email inbox which I think might interest some people. I know it is long but I think it is an article worth reading by us dog lovers, whatever we feed to our dogs.

I must state, however, that not only is Pereg raw fed but some of the so-called "by products" are not only bought by me and given to Pereg raw, but I also cook for myself. Because they are too good to waste.

Anyhow, this is the article and I wonder what people think about it.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/one-ve...373642&spReportId=NDQwMzczNjQyS0#.VFsWZck09n8
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Georgina and Gwylim have a home cooked diet of meat, poultry or fish and vegetables.
    The meat/poultry content of their food might include lean pork, de-boned chicken or turkey quarters, chicken or turkey gizzards, heart or liver, pork tongue, liver, heart, tripe and lung .... the mix depends on what the butcher has available. They're also given raw chicken necks, wings or feet and pig's trotters as a snack.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    We used to eat pig trotters when i was young, and really enjoyed them ,not sure if i could now though.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Mother used to make calve's foot jelly for poorly neighbours. We used to have to pretend to be really really poorly before she made any for us!
  6. obbie

obbie New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Interesting article, when I have been told "oh when the label say "meat" derivative it can be lips and all sorts" I have never been that concerned (I eat burgers and mince), I feed green tripe and if the butchers have anything going cheap usually organ meat or ox heart I feed that cooked and cubed for training treats or raw for their dinner.