Where did you get your dog from? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Feb 21, 2014.

1. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Azz likes this.
    brena came from a breeder in north carolina, whom we thought was very reputable and sent us a lot of photos and info as brena was growing and getting old enough to take home. chuk and katie came from ads for puppies in the local paper. katie is BY FAR the most intelligent dog i have ever known, and even though she did not come from a "reputable breeder" like brena, i wouldn't trade her for the world. i don't know too much about chuk's past history except that karren got him from a litter in saltville. in all cases we were allowed to choose the puppies we wanted. katie's mom was a small yellow lab, and i am guessing her dad was a golden retriever although i will never know for sure. brena's dad's name is max, her mom's name is bella. they are both miniature dachshunds, and her mother looks very similar to little brena in terms of color.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. crazycockers

crazycockers New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    Azz likes this.
    Rosie, my very first cocker, we bought from a lovely lady in Yeovil, Autumn liver roan & tan we went to Scotland to buy from the famous Lynwater kennels, Stan we bought from the Cassom breeder in Leeds, and the rest we bred ourselves.

Last year, before getting Stan, we bought a lovely black & white boy called Bumble, he was supposed to be hereditary clear for pra, but as I wanted him for stud, decided to get him tested as I would have the paperwork to prove, to cut a long story short, he came back carrier, and the 'guy' that bred his mum had lied about her parentage and had used an affected dog to a carrier mum, so my boys mum - who was also bought as hereditary clear, was in fact, affected with pra, thankfully she had been mated to a clear dog, which meant ALL 10 pups were hereditary carriers. So poor Mr Bumble was neutered and went to a pet home with a very good friend who keeps in touch. This is why I've decided to only buy in from breeders I know and trust, or breed my own lines and keep from them - at least I know what I'm getting