Where did you get your dog? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by melzy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    Kali and Snorri are a couple of Orkney farmyard tinks, the results of some hanky-panky amongst the farm dogs :roll:

One of Kali's litter-brothers did the naughty with his own mum, and Snorri was one of the results!

They were frantically expensive dawgz, I paid a total of £60 for the two of them :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

Clook Farm - birthplace of the TZBCs
    (it ought to have a blue plaque, but it doesn't :evil: )

Snorri

NB - I got fed up of waiting interminably for Photobucket (Half an hour to upload 0% :?: ), so this is hosted on Image Shack. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, but be ready, it will probably take an age and be huge when you see it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    id love to have a farm id have 10 bc :grin:
  4. Vodka Vixen

Vodka Vixen New Member

Name:
    Jules
    We got Diesel from a show breeder, Ruby comes from a show breeder originally but we took her on from her previous owners who no longer wanted her.
  5. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Tara (my first BC) was in the local paper, 18 months free to good home, she was on her 4th home. She was farm bred, but dosent have a working bone in her body!

[​IMG]

Nellie was planned, she was in a regional paper, she is really a "pet" breeder who i guess had the odd litter to make abit of money each year:roll: However the dogs were nice, in good nick etc, the dog was home bred years of their own working farm lines & the bitch was rehomed with them she was show lines NZ& english.
    Nell is very naughty & "hard" but so keen!!!!!

[​IMG]

Both Flynn & Mav were bred specifically for Obedience.

Flynn is from Lyn & roy Goutte down in Cornwall.
    Hes from Lyns FANTASTIC Obedience Bitch Jessie, by Roys old Golden dog Jaff. Hes 3/4s ob lines & 1/4 sheep trials CH lines

[​IMG]

http://www.freewebs.com/roygoutte/

Mav is from Pat watson, who is one of the top Obedience Competitors in the country, out of her own OB CH bitch Dizzy, as a outcross she used WT CH Waggerland Mister Jake (although he does match up after about 6 generations)

[​IMG]
  6. AlbionLass

AlbionLass New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Dash is from a show/sport breeder.
    I wanted a pup from this particular mating as his Dam has all English lines while his sire has a mix of English, NZ and Aus lines.
    His Grand Sire on his Dam's side also sired Kim Innes' Yaz
    (Ob Ch Barlingo Go Ballistic). I was hoping there might be some brains from that side of the family.:lol:

It's yet to be proved if I was right. :roll: :grin: I blame the handler.:roll:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    "Bill" Laetare Master Class!!!!!!! FABULOUS dog!!!!!
  8. AlbionLass

AlbionLass New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Yes he is rather. :D

Bill as more letters after his name than a Professor at Oxford!:)
  9. bajaluna

bajaluna

Name:
    Jayne
    I bought coco from a breeder as I needed a duck dog,Bootie came from our local vet as a stray,buck came from the truck stop, on our way to florida with aload of horses, the trucker tied him to a post with a note that said
    got to big for the cab:mrgreen: Lulu was running down the middle of the highway,Dingo was in the swamp in south carolina,scrappy was in the woods in the ahole of nowhere,Shamus was at the shelter and my pig was in a semi that turned over on it way to the killers :mrgreen:
  10. dan

dan New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Lovely pictures of all the collie's. :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2008
  11. Colley1275

Colley1275 New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    HI there,

Amber the Weimaraner came from Patsy and Stephen who breed Gunalt Weimaraners - that was 12 years ago she was 'planned' and well waited for - still going strong now at 12 years old !!

Bilbo, now 5 years old, he came from a farm near Brimham Rocks in North Yorks and both parents were WSD's. However he hasn't got any inclination to herd- thats far too energetic for Bill he is a SLOB!!

Cayley, This time decided to go the whole hog and find a KC reg and full DNA tested breeder as we wanted to get back into showing again, and buy from someone who was breeding from sound stock. She is nearly 6 months old now..... cutie pie - however she has MORE herding instinct in her little toe than Bill does in his whole body !!!! seen as there have been no working dogs in her pedigree for over 6 -7 gens thats quite a feat. Cayley is 3/4 NZ/AUST breeding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has her first open show a week on Sunday so am really nervous she still has quite of bit of growing to do......
  12. Border1

Border1 New Member

Name:
    ANNE
    My first collie Ben was free to good home at 8 weeks ,and Meg (i know before you all start you shouldnt buy from pet shops but they have been banned from selling puppies now) was rescued from the pet shop she cost me £175 but the best money i spent the day after the RSPCA went in and closed them down meg was the last collie there and her face begged me to get her and Leoti was bought from a well known breeder and judge :grin:
  13. AliceandDogs

AliceandDogs New Member

Name:
    Alice
    Colley your little girl is absolutely adorable! Good luck!

My Alfie is from a KC reg show breeder, although we don't show him ourselves.

[​IMG]

Jess is from the local RSPCA :D

[​IMG]

In the future, I'm open to having rescue dogs, kc reg or ISDS, I'm not fussy :D
  14. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel
    Zak was from the LOOT :blush: big lesson learnt there. Although wouldn't change a thing but would have a full bank balance lol. He is a brilliant dog but has had behaviour probs, fear aggression and HD :-( all under control now though

Zeita from a very well researched breeder :grin: and very happy
  15. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    More posts please & pics :grin:
  16. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    [​IMG]

Vanessa was from a reputable breeder :)

Rocky the collie was a gift (from a reputable breeder)

[​IMG]
  17. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    [​IMG]

Noobie is from a reputable breeder

[​IMG]

and North (far side) was a gift - from Noobie's breeder - although he was born in Canada :)
  18. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    aw there all lovely your so lucky :grin: ur all so lucky :grin:
  19. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Rye and Prllow both came from my friend who is a reputable breeder

This is Rye

[​IMG]