Which breed for me threads? Please read before posting Which breed for me?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Alphatest, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Which breed for me threads? Please read before posting

When looking for other people's opinions on what type of dog might best suit you please include as much information as possible and cover topics such as:

• Whether you have had dogs previously
    • Your circumstances - do you work etc?
    • How much time you have for exercise
    • Whether you have children, other pets etc
    • What characteristics you are looking for
    • What breeds you have already looked at and your thoughts on them
    • Anything else you think might be relevant or important

See this thread for a good example, and please bear in mind the more effort you put into writing your thread the more likely others will want to offer their opinion. If it looks like you can't be bothered then everyone else will feel the same ;)

For everyone else - please don't recommend your own breed unless you genuinely feel it is a good fit :grin: please also don't direct people to 'automated' breed selectors.

Thanks!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Luthien

Luthien New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Azz, would it be possible to set up some kind of thing where people can say what breed/s they have, and rate their dogs 1-5 on things like "good with cats" etc.? If enough people do it (and answer honestly!) it might give prospective owners a clearer idea of what they can expect from each breed.
  4. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Sounds like a good idea Helen, maybe start a new thread in General Dog Chat, and ask everyone else which questions they think ought to be included :)