Which breed/type do you think might get next Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Alphatest, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Which breed/type do you think might get next

...and why? :101:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    as I have 2 CPs & 1 GSD my next will be a GSD from HGH dogs wether they will be work line or showline or a mix of both will depend on the litter I decide on at the time
    Why? beauty and working ability, sound temp, good structure and movement with the stamina to work all day
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Next dog will hopefully be a PWD, because I like the overall temperament of them, then may add another Boxer, as I love them so much, but just feel its time to have something different.
  5. kat14778

kat14778 New Member

Name:
    kat
    I would love an American bulldog but hopefully it won't be for a while as many years still left in my two :)
  6. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    This is my current dilemma!

Having said i'd never ever get another cavvie, i just keep coming back to them, so another blenhiem cav might be on the cards! I also really really like king charles spaniels, and was joking i could get a blenheim one and have a matching set! haha.

I'd love a pug, they are so funny, and seem so infectious.
    I also got talking to the lady on the boston terrier stand, and thought hmm... maybe worth considering.

I've always wanted a Doberman, because they are stunning, and in my experience, active without being completely mad.

Weims, and malinois are also on my wanted list, and i'd love a border collie.

so as you can see... I'm a bit stuck!
  7. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Another Dalmatian for me probably, but not for a good few years yet!

They suit me well, they are beautiful and are hilarious :lol:
  8. Fernsmum

Fernsmum New Member

Name:
    Ali
    If I was getting another dog it would be a whippet .
  9. malwhit

malwhit New Member

Name:
    Malcolm
    I know they are not an official breed but I would like a Mini Labradoodle next. Only because Ruby and Lottie are great dogs and in my old age I want one with their temperaments but a smaller size:lol:
  10. Luke

Luke New Member

I think for the foreseeable future I'd stick with rough collies, ive always been fond of them due to my family ties to the breed...and H really suits my lifestyle, everything about him is fantastic in regards to what I want in a dog. Whether I have anymore in the near future is another matter, I'd like a nice blue merle dog but the concept of all the grooming times two makes me knees knock :lol:
    Little un wise, when in the future I'm looking for a small I think I'd end up with a mini/toy dark apricot/red poodle, in a sensible clip! Purely for the level of smarts and personality. However as much as I say I won't have anymore terriers I wont put money on that statement But if I was to be really honest and sensible I know for now at least, the terriers I like would be quite unsuitable.
    Lots of breeds in the broader scheme i'm interested in having but thats it for now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  11. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    This is a difficult subject for me, Chloe is only 4 years old and I am not sure having another dog after Chloe will be an option because of my age but I would like another Mini :)

Why, because they have delightful personalities .
  12. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

We are not planning on getting another for a good few years, but I find myself strangely drawn to Springers.
  13. CharleyMaddison

CharleyMaddison New Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I would like a border collie next. I think they are mesmerising, I'm always looking at them when out on walks! Not till Charley's retired though an she's only almost 4. :grin:
  14. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Having had a taste of owning a GWP, one of my next will be a full GWP, they have amazing characters and substance as well as athleticism. I love HPR's and want to continue with gundog tests with a GWP.

I will also be getting an Australian Shepherd at some point as I want to move away from border collies, but not too far away! I also want a breed that is perfectly capable of succeeding in obedience, agility and working trials.
  15. joto

joto New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I would like to fit in one more Weimaraner before I get too old to cope but currently having 3 who I'm delighted to say show no signs of popping their clogs I will have to decide when the time comes HPRs might be ruled out.

I'd quite like a Beagle but it might have to ,be something less demanding.
  16. CharleyMaddison

Name:
    Kirsty
  17. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    If i get a dog from a breeder it will be a ACD..
    Other wise a bull breed cross or mastiff cross from rescue ..
    Some stunning pups turn up i,,
    The dog after that will be another boxer ....
  18. CharleyMaddison

Name:
    Kirsty
    Sorry thick moment...whats that?
  19. Jen

Jen New Member

Name:
    Jen
    I'd love a GSD but I'll probably just end up with another mongrel from rescue :-D
  20. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    If I get another dog in time, I would really like a Boston Terrier...
  21. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    [​IMG]