Which breed/type do you think might get next Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Alphatest, Nov 25, 2012.

1. marley123

marley123 New Member

Name:
    tom
    A lurcher, to be exact a hancock lurcher
    i know he gets bad press but i have also heard a lot of good feed back for him and they look amazing :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tessabelle

Tessabelle New Member

Name:
    Tess
    Our next dog will be a GP (German Pinscher) and I am counting the days until her arrival!
    Obviously it will be another few years, but if we were to add a third dog to our family, I imagine we would go bigger again...we both love Pointers, dobes and I love Dalmatians :)
  4. Shangri-La

Shangri-La New Member

Name:
    Wendy
    I have been thinking about a field spaniel.... need to do a bit more research on then RE health
    I have also been looking at the Gordon setter
  5. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Interesting thread. My next breed could well be a minature poodle....I have no experience of them however have meet a few at Crufts etc I like them they are smart looking and sensible in behaviour in my opinion.

I also like smooth collies. And Schnauzers (std)
  6. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    it really depends on where i am. no more dogs will be arriving in this house anyway thats for sure!

i love my gundogs and will own my weimaraner one day! i have wanted one for nearly 3 years now, but manic gundogs and asbo dont mix at all. i also want my flatcoat. when i get my own place i may consider a gundog because i can easily have a kennel and run in the garden.

i also want my bulldog. wanted one ever since i was a little kid, but for right now they wont fit in at all. i like a dog i can have on long walks, work etc... cant do that with a bulldog but i will own one!

will have a hairless girl crestie at some point too depending on what daph gives me when she has pups again.

to be honest with the 3 ive got, and now with the fellas 15 tagging along, ive got my hands full!!
  7. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Well I was set on a Deerhound in the new year but it's been 6 months since I lost my Fingal and something isn't right.

Springer Spaniel for me please.
  8. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's doubtful I'll get another dog after Rosie as age is fast creeping up.

When I was considering getting Rosie, my main considerations were to have a small breed that could easily be picked up and a healthy breed. My choices came down to a Border Terrier (which, of course is what Rosie is) or a Yorkshire Terrier. The Border won out simply because of their wonderful temperament which suits me down to the ground
  9. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Not sure, but I have years to decide ... hopefully:lol: As I've always had puppies, I think I will probably re-home a dog. I had originally planned to get just one TT and then get a rescue after a few years. Things never go to plan and I ended up rescuing one of my TT's litter-mates due to him having a heart murmur.

So a medium sized rescue, probably with a shortish coat:005:
  10. Kaska

Kaska New Member

Name:
    Gill
    I've had many breeds, small and large, but my very favourite is the Australian Cattle Dog. I'm now on my third and if I got another breed it would be another ACD!
  11. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    What breeder do you get your ACD"s from?
  12. Pep_Sounds

Pep_Sounds New Member

Name:
    Ash
    It is likely to be a year or 2 before we give it any serious consideration, but I think we will likely go down the rescue route to get a friend/sibling for Cora. Possibly a Greyhound or Greyhound x, as these are the only dogs I have seen first hand give her a run for her money when playing chase.
    There is a Greyhound x Saluki we meet on our walks sometimes and they are best of pals, running rings around each other. Burns off a lot of energy quickly, allowing us all to enjoy a nice calm, gentle walk shortly after! With both RR and GH breeds enjoying the moniker of "40mph couch potatoes" I imagine they would be well suited in the home.

Of course I'd also love another RR too, but as they say, variety is the spice of life!
  13. kammi_sparky123

kammi_sparky123 New Member

Name:
    I am changing my answer :eek: as it is now more than likely that I will be getting a rescue of unknown breed before a boxer! Boxer will probably be the one after that though :)
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Why not rescue a Boxer, there are far to many in rescue :cry:
  15. kammi_sparky123

Name:
    That is an option too! Sorry I didn't mean In was ruling them out! As you know I love them :) I was more not limiting myself to one breed as such :)
  16. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I know , did not mean to imply that,

Just thought kill two birds with one stone, get your rescue and the breed you love ;-)
  17. kammi_sparky123

Name:
    Sounds like a plan! It is something I will look into when I can get a second dog! Boxer welfare Scotland is already in my bookmarks :lol:
  18. Anniebee

Anniebee New Member

Name:
    Annie
    I think I'm succumbing to the well known MVS ( multiple vizsla syndrome )! Our next dog will definitely be another Viz, but whether a rescue or puppy, only time will tell. OH would rather have another puppy when the time is right whereas I'd be more inclined to go down the rescue route...
  19. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    can't see myself getting another dog as i now have 6 chihuahua's and a lab basset hound mix. but you never know. unless i was rescuing a dog i'll stick with another chihuahua.
  20. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    I will always have at least one Greyhound, so loving.
    I fancy either a collie or Spaniel for the intelligence and trainable personalities.
  21. Nikki

Nikki New Member

Name:
    nikki
    I will be probably going for another cavalier kcs but I won't rule out a cross :)