Which breeds tickle your fancy? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    They are way too cute as pups. Those floppy ears awwwwwwwww :049: :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Aww those Bostons are very cute! I can see the appeal.

It must be difficult to whittle all the breeds you like down to one breed when you like so many. I am lucky in that respect, I have always known the perfect breed for me :)

I do like some DHs I have seen, but not enough to want one. Like Malinois, there are some I really like, but I still don't want one.
  4. woofinfinity

woofinfinity New Member

Name:
    sarah
    Azz likes this.
    Aside from great danes, I am drawn most to American Foxhounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Ibizan hounds, Pharaoh hounds, Xolos, Belgian Sheepdogs, Leonbergers, Malamutes, Saint Bernards, the list goes on. Looking at some of those breeds my arms get tired just thinking of all the hair that needs brushing, but they're such wonderful and gorgeous dogs.
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Azz likes this.
    Unless I have some huge change of heart... I'll probably run to the shelter and get another frigging Lab mutt. Jade is 11 and her time is ticking sadly. Dealing with both of them is a real hassle, and I always said I'd not get two dogs at the same time again... but who knows? Perhaps I lied.

If I DO get a pure bred dog (very unlikely)... as much as I LOVE Labradors, I'm going to get a Rhodesian Ridgeback most likely.

I'd never get any smashed faced breeds such as Pugs, American Bulldogs, Shih Tzus, Boxers. I'd also not get any overly fluffy dogs such as Chows or Saint Bernards... because of the climate I live in.
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Sounds like you are in good company here Sarah :D I'd LOVE a Saint Bernard... but think I'd need to get a bigger house first :lol:

Smashed faces? ABs and Boxers? :shock:
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    Forget what I said about wanting a Pekingese. I now want a Chihuahua. I saw one on the other side of the street today, and I was so taken by it that I gasped out loud. Luckily there was no one near me. It was strutting along as if it owned the world.

On the way home I saw a Dogue de Bordeaux and fleetingly thought I'd like one of those instead, but then I remembered the little Chihuahua and I definitely,definitely, want one.

Not that I'm fickle or anything.
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    One of our neighbours has a DDB @jantet he is SUCH a soppy dog, probably the soppiest dog I have ever met :)

I remember the first time I saw him outside of the gate, and he ran towards me to say hello - I'm used to big dogs but thought omg what if he kills me lol... he would have licked me to death :lol:
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Excuse me... smashed faces and/or really underbitten dogs. My apologies for screwing that up.
  10. duRM

duRM New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Azz likes this.
    Me I would realy like a Lancastershire Heeler.
    I saw one about 10 years ago on the TV at Crufts and fell in love with it.
    I met some real ones in 2012 when I came over to England for the UK Beauceron Clubs companion show. My Beaucerons and 4 Heelers went for a walk in a park then again at Crufts last year and was hoping to add one soon to the pack but as my husband received a x Chihuahua last September I will have to wait until he grows a bit not to have them too close in age.
  11. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Azz likes this.
    There are soooo many i wouldnt know where to start. Will all depend on what suits my situation at the time and what dogs i meet. If i feel that connection not much will stop me.
  12. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz likes this.
    As I'm getting well past my sell by date I don't plan on adding to my four legged collection! But if someone offered me a Puli puppy I wouldn't say no, although how I'd cope with all those dreadlocks I've no idea!