Why do you call your dog 'bag'? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Dogloverlou likes this.

Why do you call your dog 'bag'?

Huh? Umm, no, her name is Tikva [which means 'hope']. But she was outside barking at a very large dirty blonde scruffy fluffy dog that I think was dumped on the Moshav about a week ago and although Tikki sees it off, she barks until it has gone.

So once it had gone I called her in, saying "Tik, boi achshav" - meaning Tik, come here now.

However, the transliteration of the Ivrit for bag is "tik", hence me being asked why I called her bag!

Oops :oops:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.
    Lol! I call Nigredo "Gray" often and I call Jade "Bun". Neither make sense but they don't care!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Well Tik makes sense. Tikva → Tikki → TickTock → Tik.

Dunnit? :confused:
  5. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Malka likes this.
    Cash's nickname is bag and that's said in an affectionate manner rather than him being an actual bag lol. He got the name due to his baggy skin as a puppy :oops:
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Mine answer to anything - especially 'cheese' and 'sweetie'.
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    All mine gets called puppy dog its easier then trying to remember the name of the dog causing trouble :D
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Ever tried "wanna nana?" :044: :044: :044:
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg used to act like a Pavlov's dog when the refrigerator was opened, as she lurved raw kohlrabi, sweet red peppers and cucumber.

With Tikki it is 'nanas and apples, but give her the choice and it is "wanna nana". There have not been any kohlrabi at the macolet for a while and I have yet to try her on sweet peppers - but will offer her some when I am slicing/dicing things for my salad in a while.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rosie isn't a big fruit fan, but will have it if she thinks there's nothing else in the offing. My old lad, Sam, would have sold his soul for a piece of apple. When the apples came out, it was always share and share alike :)
  11. BoerboelMom

BoerboelMom New Member

Name:
    Ife
    That is hilarious! Bag would be a terrible name for a dog. Have you thought about calling animal control about the stray dog? My girl's name is Krishna, which really has no meaning. Krishna knows some commands in her native language, one of which would be Afrikaans. I will often give her the command "kom" for "come" and "geen" for "no".