Why I hate loose dogs just running free General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Why I hate loose dogs just running free

I went across to the macolet this morning and there was a very unhappy looking JRT in the doorway. The girl who was working there said she belonged to her but did not want to stay at home, in other words could get loose, so kept telling her to go home. Which the little dog did not want to do. L-rd only knows how it was kept to keep it at home.

OK, this little dog looked extremely pregnant but when I mentioned it was told that oh no, she had puppies just a few months ago so cannot be pregnant again. Oh no? The little JRT was "just about three years old" and already had had two litters, and already looks in to be in whelp again. Poor thing.

Anyhow, I have just been across the road again as the mailman was delivering mail [nothing that I have been waiting for though, SIGH] so while I was there I buzzed into the macolet again in case I had forgotten something [I had] and saw someone helping the JRT into their car to take her home. But by the time I had gone round the macolet that little dog was back, looking more pregnant than ever.

They just do not care. They do not care about what it does for their bitches or what happens to the unwanted puppies. I care. Which is why first Lexi, then Pereg, then Baby Ziva [and no, I never found out what happened to her], and now the mini devil Tikva is so much a part of my life.

I did, politely, ask why they did not have their little JRT spayed - even said I would pay for it, only to get the answer that it was "wrong". This was from a young girl - I wonder how she will feel about birth control once she is married.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a sad story Malka. Poor little lady, and what will become of her puppies?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Who knows. Who knows what happened to Lexi's litter mates as to the best of my knowledge I was the only one to take a puppy, and they never did know who the dam was as they had a mother and daughter who both whelped at the same time.

Pereg was one of five at the then rescue place, her dam having been rescued off the streets and fostered until the puppies were weaned onto kibble - who knows what happened to the others.

Who knows what happened to Baby Ziva who was just supposed to be looked after for a couple of days - or what happened to her litter mates? Only Baby Ziva was mine - she had been with me only 11 days but had been seen by my vet and was registered as mine at the surgery.

And who knows what happened to the other seven litter mates of Tikva?

Puppies? Sometimes kids see the puppies and nag their parents to let them have one, and for the odd day, maybe for a couple of weeks, you see those kids dragging round a tiny puppy on a piece of string looped over its neck - then you never see it again.

Sorry - I just needed a rant. That poor little JRT just sitting there.