Why I love Pits more and more General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Malka, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Why I love Pits more and more

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I grew up with pitbulls we had cats plus other breeds of dogs all living together with the pitbulls, they never once attacked the cats us kids or the other dogs.

No dog is born a fighting dog idiot owners train their dogs to fight, an sensible owner won't condition their dogs to look like an fighting dog or wrap a thick chain round dogs neck just to make the dog look tough.

Pitbulls are just the same as any other dog breeds, loving loyal eager to please gentle dogs.
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Deed not breed - it's almost always down to irresponsible breeding and irresponsible owners..
  5. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    "Pit Bulls aren't a breed"... Really? -_- Don't get me started lol

If we are talking actual Pit Bulls, game bred APBT's then yes, they are more inclined to be dog aggressive, just as a Collie is inclined to heard and a Retriever is inclined to retrieve and a GSD is inclined to protect/guard. Yes not all GSDs are good guard dogs, or Collies good herders, same as some APBT's are dog friendly, but it still only takes one fight to do serious damage, even if the Pit didn't instigate the fight they are strong game dogs that aren't going to back down until they die.

If I ever had the chance to own an APBT it would be conditioned, not to "look like a fighting dog", but to look and act like a healthy working breed which they are.

I wouldn't say they are just like any other breed, they are energetic working dogs that will work all day, they have extremely high prey drive, are prone to dog aggression and are extremely powerful dogs. They shouldn't be a dog that is owned by your standard dog owner, they need to be worked and trained properly to let out all their pent up energy, a high drive dog that doesn't get enough exercise is unstable dog and it only takes one thing to push them over the edge if they have that much pent up energy.

They need to be with owners that are extremely responsible, if I had one it would be muzzled and stay on the lead apart from enclosed areas, it only takes one little mistake and serious damage can be done, the dog would be pts and the breed again blamed for the mistake. They aren't a breed that should be owned by most people.
  6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Agree with the above!!!!
    Uh yeah if Pit Bulls needed to be trained to fight that'd defeat the whole purpose of breeding a pure bred pit breed. It'd be unnecessary if all it took was training and any dog would be an equal candidate.
    Not to mention this is a dangerous idea for a couple of reasons
    First uneducated owners might believe this which could lead to a disaster between their own dogs or someone else's pet!
    Second people with DA dogs could be mislabeled as dog fighters, cuz you know they must be an idiot owner who trained their dog that way. I don't think that should be taken lightly considering the possible legal ramifications.
    It's interesting no one is blamed for training other breeds to fight even when they are dog aggressive.
    That Yorkie who attacked my Pit must have been trained that way but her idiot owner.