Witty Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Janet, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Witty

I am in a bit of a state of shock at the moment - little Witty died this morning.

He'd been on medication for his heart related cough, but until the beginning of the week had otherwise been his normal self. On Monday he was OK during the day, but he only had a few mouthfuls of his evening meal - unheard of for him - and later had a very prolonged coughing attack. Took him to the Vet first thing on Tuesday morning, who took him off his existing medication and onto Lanoxin. The Lanoxin worked in that he hardly coughed at all, but it had the side effects of no appetite at all and complete lethargy - all he did was sleep, which, at the time was a relief to see because the coughing must have been exhausting for him.

This morning he seemed very weak. I carried him out to the garden for a wee, and when I put him down his head lolled over and he went down, in a sort of faint. I carried him back and put him on his bed - there was a brief moment of very laboured breathing and then that was it.

I haven't cried - I'm in a bit of a daze really. I should really go to do some food shopping but I daren't - I'm in such a state of confusion I'd probably walk out without paying or something.

A world without Witty is very difficult to imagine.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Oh no Janet, what a shock :cry:

Witty was very lucky to have you as his guardian - we all know you did everything you could for him and he could not have wished for a better owner. *hug*

Run free Witty.
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Janet I'm so sorry to hear the news about Witty. I know how you must be feeling at this moment having lost my tiny Chloe very recently. It takes time to get over it.

RIP Witty .... run free!
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I'm sorry for your loss, it's very difficult and such a shock when it's sudden like that.
    Take comfort that he died quickly at a place he loved xx
  6. buglysprince

buglysprince New Member

Name:
    Lesley
    So very sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you
  7. curly

curly New Member

Name:
    Anne
    So very sorry to hear this. It's the moment we all dread and I'm sure lots of thoughts are with you. I keep thinking about how Witty was with you at the very end and I bet that brought him.huge comfort and made him.feel safe. Hold on to the lovely time you gave each other. xx
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh Janet - I am desperately sorry to hear that you have lost your beloved Witty and my heart aches for you :(

May his memory be for a Blessing.

Run free little Witty, run free as fast as you can xx
  9. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Janet what a nasty shock :( I am so sad to learn you have lost little Witty.
    Sleep well little chap, you will be missed by your friends here ...
  10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    So sorry to hear this news. What a terrible shock :(
  11. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    So sorry to hear of your loss :(

Sleep tight Witty x
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    So so sorry to hear that sad news,,,,,,,,
  13. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    So sorry xx
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    So sorry for your lost of little Witty
    R.I.P little one xx
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thanks for your kind words everyone.

I think it still hasn't sunk in properly. I just went to my emails to reply to a very important message, and pressed Delete instead of Reply! Luckily I was able to retrieve it from Trash. And I emptied some water onto the draining board instead of down the sink!
  16. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Aww *hug*. Take five minutes out to have a sit down Janet, you need some time to digest it all xx
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So sorry. Our dogs lives are so short, this is the time we all dread. Witty will live on in your memories - cherish them.
  18. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    So sorry Janet. Sudden death is always very hard to come to terms with. As has already been said, try to take some comfort from the fact that he didn't suffer at all and went surrounded by the familiarity of home and your love.

Take care x
  19. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Only just seen this Janet. Im so sorry. xx
  20. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thanks everyone. I'm beginning to come to terms with it now.

We should be getting his ashes back later in the week. I think we'll probably bury them in the garden with Gertie the lurcher's ashes (which I've still got after two years!) because they got on so well together. Perhaps plant a nice bush or something on top.
  21. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I'm sorry I missed this, I know what a shock it is when they just suddenly up and die, my prt Tyler had congestive heart failure and despite all the vets assurances he died in my arms as I was attempting to give him his meds,
    I found burying him the garden with a nice plant to mark the spot helped, it gave me something to focus on.
    Sleep tight Witty x