Worried about bowed legs Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by kaisersmomma, Jan 3, 2015.

1. kaisersmomma

kaisersmomma New Member

Name:
    char
    Azz likes this.

Worried about bowed legs

hi all, firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong thread. yesterday I picked up my new pup and have been concerned since. I noticed he has bowed legs, he's not in any pain but is this something bulldogs usually have? will he grow out of it? what are your experiences with this regarding treatment? i uploaded a photo so you can see how i mean.
    thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Is the pup pure pedigree with KC papers or cross breed.
    What did his mum & dad look like when you first visited the puppy.
  4. kaisersmomma

kaisersmomma New Member

Name:
    char
    hes pure bred but not kc reg as far as I know.. he seemed okay, the mother rejected pups and they were hand reared.
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Did you see both parents when you first viewed the puppies
  6. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    Has he been checked over by a vet ?
    If not then it would be wise to take him. All puppies should be vet checked within a few days of coming home.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think a visit to the vet would be the best course - if only to put your mind at ease. If the breeder was not very experienced, it is possible that the little fellow might not have had a diet designed for a hand reared puppy, and may be needing some supplementation.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    It could be caused by a number of things I agree that you need to see your vet as you need early diagnosis and treatment .
  9. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Vet as the rest have said. It could be a lot of thing or a combination of things, a vet, blood work and stool sample will tell the entire story.
  10. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    Absolutely beautiful pup. Agree with the rest. Maybe you could ask around and find a vet with experience in this type of dog.
  11. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    I just saw something like this on TV the other night. A homeless pup walking on her ankles more or less. They splinted her legs for a time and after the bones hardened she was fine. Just a thought...see a vet ASAP.
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    What type of Bulldog is your pup supposed to be ?, and how old is it in the photo,

Did you see the parents of this pup, as other shave suggest , I would take him to a vet, the bowed legs could be anything from inherent conformation to poor diet,
  13. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    He looks fine to me :/

But agree with everyone, go for a check up at the vets :)
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Some JRT's have what is called knuckle knees (pudding dogs) they have been bred to product smaller JRT's but in doing so they have short bow legs, as their knees are to large for the size of the legs, their legs start to bow outwards as the knee grows bigger.