Would anyone try to train a young pup to do agility, cani x ? Agility

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by inkliveeva, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Abbie does agility with hers but I dont know what level they are at, they are very good though x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Cool beans, hopefully she will post on here.
  4. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish

Thanks luvlee, i agree!! Im so out of any agility "circle" now, havent a clue whats going on.
    Would be interesting to see what could be done with one with a really good ABC handler.....
  5. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    no probs.
    I run my gsds in ABC classes and Find its being overrun with kelpies lol which are hard to beat(luckily my bitch is super fast so we do quite well)
    Are they particularly fast in general? the one i saw was mediumish speed.....
    we'll have to keep an eye out for these future agility dogs- they will probably take the agility world by storm!!!.............!
  6. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Dunno, though i like to keep a eye on my mates & their collies, my OH has BSD so i keep a eye on them too.
    The NIs look like they could be fast,:?: :?: :?: :?:

Anyone want to say how fast thiers are?(in general)

My Collies are faster, in a race than the OHs Gronnies for instance.

My little collie has had a race (sprint) against a small working line imported GSD, & won...just
  7. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Thank you for the compliment Jem :grin: :grin:

Just to clear things up I have not done any agility competitions with my dogs yet, but hope to this year with Sacha. We do agility training and Sacha (aged 3) is fast and consistant.

Our achievement this morning with Liadan (2 years old today) is that she has mastered a mini course of jumps and A frame off lead for the first time. :lol: :lol: She is confident with all the equipment and I hope she might enjoy competing in the future.

I am hoping to in the future compete in working trials, obedience and agility with all my dogs. We are currently working at BH standard.
  8. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Thanks for posting abbie!!! I hope you do compete with them in the future, let us know how sacha gets on!!!!

I havent seen any on the ob circuit yet, though obvisley we have tons of GSDs & a few Mals & sibes.
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    with regards to speed i have found Ela to be very fast with just gen running about. She isn't as fast as Cassie but she doesn't trail far behind. This has caught Cassie out a couple of times when they have been playing chase as Cassie got a bit cocky and slowed down only to have Ela suddenly there and pounching on her!
  10. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    :evil: :evil: :evil:
    That`s like if I were to say my Willow should have been used as a stud because he has done [ fun ] sniffer dog type activities so `would produce lots of cute sniffer dog pups`, sheesh !
    Just because an individual dog is, [ allegedly ], good at something which is a hobby activity does`nt mean they will produce pups that will be good at it too especially something like agility and no there are none of the type mentioned at a high progression level in agility.
    It makes me annoyed enough seeing BCs sold on the premise of being good at agility, that`s down to work ethics in the breed which can sometimes be channelled well with agility not because they should be born as `agility dogs` but people do fall for it :roll:

Breeding a bitch at 18 months is heinous anyway imo, and as dogs in agility should not start basic low height training til 12 months old and can`t start to compete in KC until 18 months minimum, [ which I think is too young personally as too many try to rush training in the initial 6 months as though 18 months is a magical date to dive in to competing ], methinks someone must be telling porkies about the bitch in question...
  11. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    you only have to look at royce and vinnie to see that, :lol: royce, great obed dog, vinnie...........nuff said. x