wwho can tell me what breed theres dogs are? ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Marley&me, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Marley&me

Marley&me New Member

Name:
    nikki
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    1. crossbeed with Labrador?

2. staffie x

3. staffies?

4. staffie X labs

5. staffie X labs?

6, staffie X

7. staffie X

8. staffie X

9. staffie X

Basically look like staffie X labradors
  4. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    as off april 2009 Italy has repealed its list of banned breeds and replace dit with an owner responsibility law that applies to any breed
  5. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Are you looking to bring one of these dogs to england?

If you are I would think twice, they are presently red hot on any muscular dogs coming into Britain at present.

Couple of weeks ago I lady brought an English bred Stafford ( I know the breeder so know all was correct) from abroad I think for SKC champ show.
    She had bother getting the dog back into this country and they even told her they were seizing the dog and putting it to sleep:shock:

She got it in eventually but this dog went on to win two classes at a champ show and she had all its papers. I would not chance it unless you had no choice
  6. Petrina

Petrina New Member

Name:
    Peta
    I agree with leadstaffs, they do look like staff crosses to me, but I'm sad to say I wouldn't chance bringing anything remotely looking like 'type' into the country at present.

Have you got any paperwork?
  7. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    They look like very badly bred Staffies
  8. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    me too

but i thought the OP was in england asking if she would have problems taking her pup to Italy to visit her relative?
  9. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    She said now she lives in Italy she wants to visit her parents who I assume live in England aper her location in her profile
  10. Marley&me

Marley&me New Member

Name:
    nikki
    Hi all, and thankyou for all your replies. I now own the puppy that has the most head shots. The mum and dad are the all tan bitch with black skin, and the dad is the butcher boy, all black with white paws. They are both in the same pic. The rest are the puppies. I now live in Italy, and have done for 5 months. My parents are in the uk and from time to time i would like to bring him over. But a question to who say dont chance it, so if he looks like a staffie x lab how would that be a prob?
  11. Marley&me

Marley&me New Member

Name:
    nikki
    p.s i adopted him from the people who own the rest. They said he was a staffie, but im questioning it? not that i have anything agenst pits, it just i didnt want to get a dog which would be a problem transporting him arround, but if he is then i will love him all the same.. i love him all the same now.
  12. Marley&me

Marley&me New Member

Name:
    nikki
    Excuse the scratches as u see, when we picked him up he was playing in the yard with his siblins and i assume they r the result of playing. im treating them now.
  13. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    Ultimately it doesnt matter what he is or his breeding as long as you love him and train him right etc.

But from the point of view of bringing him to England what you may find is that he may be considered "type" under the DDA and could be seized.

Its a difficult one as obviously you dont want to bring him with you for you not to be allowed to bring him in etc.,

NOt sur eif the Pet passport system applies in Italy as to whether he could be listed under that, and whether thats then means that there would be no issue as would be examined under that etc>?

Anyway until he is fully filled out and grown you really have no idea what he will end up looking like.
    You do tend to get staffies in all shapes and sizes as some certainly do take on the more terrier build than bull, and like someone else said, if they arent well bred in the sense of coming from good parent specimens of a good standard then you may just get a skinnier build staffie.

good luck with your pup.
  14. Marley&me

Marley&me New Member

Name:
    nikki
    Yes his training is going very well, he has learnt sit, lay down, paw, the other paw, both paws. his toilet training is proving to be a bit difficult. i cant seem to get him to do it in the designated area, he goes in the room he is supposed to but no on the paper. i dont want to scear him out of the room but fill i have to show him its wrong to not do it on the paper.
    with registuring him, i didnt quite get? so if i get him registured as a staffie x lab, would he be a problem entering the uk?
    i do now the only was to tell is by seeing what he turns out like, but i suppoes im just trying to predict who my baby is. Read my profile for furthe info
    x:grin:
  15. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    No sorry I wasnt clear, I am not sure how the pet passport system works and was wondering aloud whether if he is classes as a staffy on that whether that would be enough for the authorities here not to question it, but I know nothing about it really, so was thinking aloud. you would need to look into it more.
  16. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    your toilet trianing probably isnt working as you arent training him to go outside

get rid of the newspaper and take him out on the hour every hour (ovenight for a little bit as well, if neccesary) until he is trained.

after meals and sleeping as well

go out with him and nicely encourage him to go toilet outside and when he does give him lots of praise and give him a treat
  17. Marley&me

Marley&me New Member

Name:
    nikki
    id like to be taking him outside but im waiting for his 1st jab, so im worried about taking him outside? he has it on mon. so we have been waiting for that. we also live in a flat with a small terrace. when he has had his jabs he will come with me up the stables and spend most of his time there. but will also go on many walks as we love the outdoors. For certain desperet moments id like him to fill confortable to go in a doggy litter tray out on the terrace. Is this possiable? (hence the news papper, and slowly reduce it dovn to a area of 36inch squared)
    so my question is, is it ok for him to go outside b4 he has finished the corse of jabs? and if not how do i find a solution to train him in some way?
  18. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Stafford cross Lab is the most used description for Pits when people try to bring them into this country.

The law is no Pit Bull TYPES so even if he is a stafford cross if he has the physical characteristics of a type he will be illegal.
    And in this case it is guilty and then down to you to prove other wise.

There were a lot of stafford cross Labs seized during the Merseyside Amnesty.

You can find the description on the Defra web site.

I would not chance it because at the end of the day it will be down to the official at customs and their opinion
  19. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi,

You say you adopted your pup from the owners of the others (pups?). Can you not ask them abotu his breeding? what weere his parents/ What were their parents etc? At least then you'll have a better idea of what he is rather than us trying to guess from some photos.

I agree wit h others who've already posted - he looks like a SBTxLab in some but lie a skinny SBT in others.

Ia lso agree with what's said oabout PBT types in this country. it's not worth losing yor pup. Could you not leave him with friends, neighborus, family etc fora short visit to your parents in this Country? At least then you can find out more about the law here when you're here and maybe your parents could see him when they go to Italy to visit you, no?

Laura xx
  20. Marley&me

Marley&me New Member

Name:
    nikki
    There is pic’s of the parents in my original message, and the only info we got about the parents were that he (the guy) got given the dogs (parents) and told they were Staffordshire bull terriers. The wife said to us they were brother and sister, which I believe there is something wrong with that, doesn’t sound right! Yes my instincts were telling me it’s a bad idea but I couldn’t help myself take him with us, he was the most timid one as well. Should of called him "Chance". When I was there mum looked like a taller than the average size skinny staffie and not how its shows in the pic (lab x) dad on the other hand had a solid head very muscular and slightly grander, but they both had resemblances of each other. If anything we were quite naive with the whole situation. Dogs we have had b4 all come with papers and these did not. The guy wasn’t that informative about the dogs. It took me a few attempts in asking for pics of the parents to actually receive them.

With leaving him with friends while we visit England (my parents) that can be arranged, and my parents are over to visit in a few weeks. So that isn’t a real issue. But if life doesn’t work out over here and we decided to go back to England, I would need to do a lot of organizing for there to be no problems, it seems. It’s all new to me this dog law, I’ve read and heard about it in the papers and TV, always having the opinion that a dog is how u bring it up, never thought I’d be in this situation and thanks to the stupid little ***** in suburbs that want to look hard, so train their dog to be aggressive, and other groups of people that have caused all these difficulties and the death of thousands of dogs. Shame!!!

As I think I’ve read in a reply I can’t do anything about it till he is 6 months, so I’ll keep looking into it. By then he would be taking on more of a shape, and give me a better understanding of his makeup.

Thanks for all your information.
  21. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    the tan dog looks like a young yellow lab x? the dark adult? looks like a staffie x, so my guessing is your dog is a SBTX lab, I certainly wouldnt attempt to bring the dog into the UK.

Mo