Yojis birthday General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by My bear Yoji, Jan 8, 2019.

1. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    berry likes this.

Yojis birthday

How astute of you @who owns who !
    Yes, Yoji was 2 on 3rd Jan.
    When you bring a new pup home and are dealing with everything that’s goes with it you feel overwhelmed at times. You also feel that all the “ puppy “ behaviour is never going to end.
    Obviously at 2 training is still on going, but, in the main he is a very calm, well mannered boy, he has a good routine which I think helps immensely and as we have the luxury of being able to retire early he has us full time ( I’m 53 & my hubby 60 )
    We live in the South of France, so, generally the weather is kind to us and we can enjoy some amazing walks right from our door. As he grew so big we changed our car so he could fit in the boot/trunk and that way we can go to the foot of the mountains and take some trails, which he loves
    Our only issue at the moment is when we are walking about, he doesn’t like all dogs, so, we keep our distance, saying that he does have some dog friends !
    He greets our house guests nicely, but, again out & about he isn’t keen on strangers, we use our best French and encourage people “ please don’t touch the dog “ he is more than happy to sit quietly whilst we chat or go into shops.
    I’m hoping as he gets a little older he may become a little friendlier ( if he doesn’t then that’s ok, we know his limits )
    So, all in all I would say he is a good boy & a very lucky boy. I say this as I went to a rescue centre and walked a couple of the dogs there, it was heartbreaking to see so many. Apparently some of the dogs only get walked once a month. There were some dogs I felt just wouldn’t be rehomed...... I’m hoping to do that quite regularly. Yoji wasn’t impressed when I got home !
    Here are a couple of photos of him from the last couple of weeks
    One with his friends Betty & Baxter and a couple from our lovely walks

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Happy belated Birthday Yoji. Lovely photos.
    It is so sad for that rescue dogs have so little fun in their lives.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    To Yoji

[​IMG]
    With tailwags
    from
    Tikki Tikva
    & love
    from
    Juli
    xxx
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Happy belated birthday yoji, you have turned into a handsome young lad.
    It's so rewarding when one has put in a lot of work and it pays off.
    I wouldn’t worry about strangers, even my Gsd’s are indifferent to them and are more comfortable just observing, which suits me fine.
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Happy birthday Yoji!! I was not that astute, you had mentioned him turning two in a couple of your responses to people. Nice that he has a few dogs that he doesn’t dislike, lol. My dogs are the opposite and more or less expect people to say high to them when we are out, and they enjoy it. You are just starting to hit the sweet spot with him turning two!!!