English Setter Discussions

Discussion in 'English Setter' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Thalice

Thalice New Member

Name:
    MAUD
    THALICE

[​IMG]

I am Thalice - the better setter - mother thinks I am awful but I know different. She thought you couldnt teach an old dog new tricks, but even though I am 10 and half I can teach myself new things - I dont need any help ! This morning I charmed the Postman into leaving the gate open for 3 seconds = whoosh - I was gone !! So they all came out plying me with biscuits and tasty morsels !! Serves then right for putting me on a diet !!

Thalice-Malice
    :077:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Tut tut Thalice, your mum going to be cross with you;-) Just like our late Tess, she was an escape artiste too!!:lol: :lol: Leave the gate an inch open and she would be running!!!
  4. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam
    What lovely dogs, I just love looking at setters, they have that intelligent but naughty look!
  5. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    :grin: Well only had the three (so far;-) ;-) ;-) ) but they are very intelligent dogs, but are also incredibly norty, especially if left alone!! (yes Deacon, I am talking about you!! Who took the guttering down this evening??!!:shock: :roll: )
  6. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Found this thread again whilst browsing, still can't believe nobody has added their delicious English setters to it;-) We have had four now, and you never know there may be a 5th one day.... hopefully soon.
    A recent one of Jamie, in the garden!
    [​IMG]

Also Scorpio's stunning boy Leon
    [​IMG]
  7. Thalice

Thalice New Member

Name:
    MAUD
    [​IMG]

Photo by Denman

These things are sent to try us ! I live with a photographer but have to pay someone else to get any decent pictures of my dogs (& cats).

Above is a picture of Rhian, grand-daughter to Thalice desperately fighting me to escape because she doesnt want to be shown !

Lovely lot, aren't they ?

Thalice's Mum
    :twisted:
  8. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aww Maud she is lovely, I also really love your Thalice's grandson, Guinness!!:p
  9. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    The problem is that they're gorgeous and know it and we're all putty in their paws, in our house anyways!:lol:
  10. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Yep, same here, I'm dogless at the moment :cry: but it's setters every time for me :grin:
  11. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    I know, the pup I'm collecting next week is a gordon/irish, think I might be a little mad but it was a completely accidental pairing and both of the parents are so lovely the pups are all completely irresistable!
  12. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I have to change what I wrote earlier...I'm now the proud owner of another English Setter :grin:

I'm looking forward to seeing piccies of your pup...I've seen this mix before and they were all black and built like the Irish :grin:
  13. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    I'm so pleased someone has seen this cross before, there don't seem to be any piccies or info on the web but that was before I found you all and your wonderful wealth of knowledge on dogsey! I've broken a toe and have found this forum to be a wonderfully distracting way of resting and spoiling myself with doggy joys all at the same time! The litter was split with 4 black pups that take after their irish mum and 6 that seem to take after dad and have much larger head and are a bit more chunky; in a nice way! The problem is I grew up with the most wonderful gordon so I have ended up with the second biggest and probably the most bolshy in the litter he has the most enormous feet! Am fully expecting him to keep up all on our toes and give Chester some competition for most spoilt in our house! Piccies will go up as soon as I get my hands on him and can hobble around after him!
  14. roxi

roxi New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    The lady who use to run our ring craft, owned English setters....gorgeous dogs!